Duel Monsters Academy

------------Welcome to Duel Monsters Academy-----------
The place to develop and improve your Dueling skills, if you are already very good at this game then please join and help us enlighten the new players too.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Duel Monsters Academy

------------Welcome to Duel Monsters Academy-----------
The place to develop and improve your Dueling skills, if you are already very good at this game then please join and help us enlighten the new players too.

Duel Monsters Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Duel Monsters Academy

Welcome to Duel Monsters Academy

Latest topics

» how do u test i am new
What to expect this banlist I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 2:34 pm by crossdaboss8

» Hello fellow Duelers!
What to expect this banlist I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 11:56 am by Lady Belamere

» i see that this academy is dead. that is unfortunate
What to expect this banlist I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 7:35 am by the_fallen_heart

» hey itd be awesome if i could b tested!
What to expect this banlist I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 7:22 am by the_fallen_heart

» Pm me if you are interested in this academy
What to expect this banlist I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 7:21 am by the_fallen_heart

» i need to be tested please
What to expect this banlist I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 8:25 am by shadow51295

» On or Off...
What to expect this banlist I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 2:42 pm by jojojo57

» Test Me Please
What to expect this banlist I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 1:18 pm by Multiplefeathers

Poll

Which theme do you prefer more?
What to expect this banlist I_vote_lcap39%What to expect this banlist I_vote_rcap 39% [ 7 ]
What to expect this banlist I_vote_lcap61%What to expect this banlist I_vote_rcap 61% [ 11 ]

Total Votes : 18

Card of the week

What to expect this banlist GP8qB If this card is used as a Synchro Material Monster for the Synchro Summon of a "T.G." Synchro Monster, you can use "T.G." monsters in your hand for the other non-Tuner Synchro Material Monster(s). During the End Phase of the turn this card on the field was destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 "T.G." monster from your Deck to your hand, except "T.G. Cyber Magician".

☆Reasons why using it! ☆

This card is unaffected by Skill Drain, and it's effect is good in T.G Quasar. It allows you to synchro Hyper Librarian or Wonder Magician easily through its condition.

2 posters

What to expect this banlist

General Warmog
    General Warmog

Dueling Points : 5

What to expect this banlist Empty What to expect this banlist

Post by General Warmog Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:31 am

I figured I would do this since Multiplefeathers wont be able to for a while, also I don't believe many of his choices were the best. I'll go over some of the decks that will be seeing the most play, an explanation of why, and some cards to replace what we have lost.

Fire Fists
    Konami really doesn't see what they have done here. Or maybe they have, who knows. I will give you a guarantee that Fire Fists wil see many YCS tops and get the most play on DN. A heavy back row deck with amazing field control and great OTK plays, who's only real weakness was Heavy Storm? Great job on that one Konami.

Hieratics
    Not really much to say about this. They make fast plays, swarm the field easy, tons of rank 5 and rank 6 XYZ plays, makes fantastic use of Darkness Metal Dragon, and has it's own Cyber Dragon, but with an awesome effect. And now that Hieratic seal of Convocation is at 3 they have quite a few ways of searching and thinning the deck, so a bad starting hand is very rare to see. Also, they can make use of "A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon" which destroys all spell and trap cards on the field by returning a lvl 5 dragon to your hand.

EvilSwarms
    I really cant say I know all that much about Evilswarms. No one at my locals plays them, and I very rarely see them on DN. Yet I am constantly hearing over and over about how strong they are. What I do know is that Ophion wasn't hit, and he's op as fuck. They're super anti-meta, so that pretty much automatically makes them good in my book. What ever happened to Steelswarms?
    :philosophydinosaur:

Blackwings
    I really don't think I need to explain this one. Whirlwind is at 3, moving on.

Chaos Zombies/Twilight
    Now that Plaguespreader Zombie and Mezuki are both at 2, these decks probably wont see much more play then they do now. This is honestly just something I wanted to bring up. You should all at least give one of these decks a try, because they have grown immensely more powerful then before. I used to play Chaos Zombies all the time but they were a little too slow for what the meta was changing into, but I think now both this and Twilight(Chaos Lightsworns for those of you that don't know) can shine once more.

This is just a small list of some of the decks that I believe will see the most play. There are obviously more, but nothing that will really control the meta such as these. Now, onto the replacement cards.

Monster Reborn
    The obvious first runner up to reborn is Call of the Haunted. You all know what it does, but I have another one that I bet most if not all of you have never heard of that works surprisingly well.
    Pinpoint Guard: When an opponent's monster declares an attack: Target 1 Level 4 or lower monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it in face-up Defense Position. It cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects this turn.
    Clearly this is situational and some decks can't make the best use of it but it not only summons back a monster, it protects it that turn, and can stop OTK plays in their tracks.

Heavy Storm
    I could only find 1 card to replace this, but it's kinda slow and situational.
    Malevolent Catastrophe: When an opponent's monster declares an attack: Destroy all Spell and Trap Cards on the field.
    It's kinda like Pinpoint Guard, but in the form of a Heavy Storm.
    Trap Stun is also a nice card too. Not really much else that isn't archetype specific.

Bottomless Trap Hole
    The destroying a monster part of Bottomless isn't my concern here. My concern is the remove from play part. D Prison can fill the roll but it's slower and situational. The best card that comes to my mind is Karma Cut.
    Karma Cut: Discard 1 card. Remove from play 1 face-up monster your opponent controls. Then, remove from play any cards in your opponent's Graveyard with the same name as that monster.
    The card speaks for it's self. First, it cant be stopped by cards such as Stardust or Zemaines, because it doesn't destroy. Then as if that wasn't enough, it also removes all the cards with the same name from the graveyard, so it becomes even better in the late game. I think it could hurt decks like Hieratics the most, removing their normals so they can't make plays.

Pot of Avarice
    The only thing that comes close here is Daigusto Emeral. You pretty much get a mini Avarice form his effect.(send 3 monsters from your graveyard to the deck, draw 1 card.)

Solemn Judgement
    Nothing. Not joking around, nothing can replace this. There really isn't any non-archetype specific cards that even come close to being as good as Judgement. You can argue against me on this but there is no other card in the game that negates everything.(once again if you didn't get it, non-archetype specific)

So that's pretty much it. A small sum up of what you'll see this format. Not really much to wrap up here. Go try out Chaos Zombies/Twilight. It's good, I promise.
    Multiplefeathers
    Multiplefeathers
    Admin
    Admin

Leo Rooster
    Dueling Points : 49

What to expect this banlist Empty Re: What to expect this banlist

Post by Multiplefeathers Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:00 am

ty for doing this warmog, i added onto it in a new post

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:10 am