Duel Monsters Academy

------------Welcome to Duel Monsters Academy-----------
The place to develop and improve your Dueling skills, if you are already very good at this game then please join and help us enlighten the new players too.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Duel Monsters Academy

------------Welcome to Duel Monsters Academy-----------
The place to develop and improve your Dueling skills, if you are already very good at this game then please join and help us enlighten the new players too.

Duel Monsters Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Duel Monsters Academy

Welcome to Duel Monsters Academy

Latest topics

» how do u test i am new
Hated Decks I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 2:34 pm by crossdaboss8

» Hello fellow Duelers!
Hated Decks I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 11:56 am by Lady Belamere

» i see that this academy is dead. that is unfortunate
Hated Decks I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 7:35 am by the_fallen_heart

» hey itd be awesome if i could b tested!
Hated Decks I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 7:22 am by the_fallen_heart

» Pm me if you are interested in this academy
Hated Decks I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 7:21 am by the_fallen_heart

» i need to be tested please
Hated Decks I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 8:25 am by shadow51295

» On or Off...
Hated Decks I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 2:42 pm by jojojo57

» Test Me Please
Hated Decks I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 1:18 pm by Multiplefeathers

Poll

Which theme do you prefer more?
Hated Decks I_vote_lcap39%Hated Decks I_vote_rcap 39% [ 7 ]
Hated Decks I_vote_lcap61%Hated Decks I_vote_rcap 61% [ 11 ]

Total Votes : 18

Card of the week

Hated Decks GP8qB If this card is used as a Synchro Material Monster for the Synchro Summon of a "T.G." Synchro Monster, you can use "T.G." monsters in your hand for the other non-Tuner Synchro Material Monster(s). During the End Phase of the turn this card on the field was destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 "T.G." monster from your Deck to your hand, except "T.G. Cyber Magician".

☆Reasons why using it! ☆

This card is unaffected by Skill Drain, and it's effect is good in T.G Quasar. It allows you to synchro Hyper Librarian or Wonder Magician easily through its condition.

+3
Trajix
Duel Monsters Academy
NutHouseReject
7 posters

Hated Decks

NutHouseReject
    NutHouseReject
    Ruling Guru

Aries Horse
    Dueling Points : 35

Hated Decks Empty Hated Decks

Post by NutHouseReject Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:38 pm

Well I'm gonna try something different.
    I'm going to write an article and later when i no longer have a migraine I'm gonna make a Youtube video to accompany it.

I had a hard time deciding what to write about for my first article.
    Then I saw someone getting mad because they lost to a "Cheap Deck".
    Granted I feel his pain. I too dislike playing against certain decks, but its all part of the game.
    I've had people rage quit when they saw me playing a tier 2 deck. Just Imagine if I was playing tier 1

Where does this hate come from? sore losers? difficulty playing against certain decks? the simplicity of the decks win condition?
    Whatever the case may be I'd like to say this is the wrong attitude to have about these decks. Tier 1 decks are tier 1 for a reason. they're good and for that reason they are going to played a lot. When people go to large events, whats the point of playing if not to win right? so you play tier 1. tier 2 is when a person wants to win but wants to catch people off guard with an unconventional deck. and tier 3 is primarily fun decks that can win occasionally.

So now you may be asking if these decks are meant for large events then why do u see them in locals, on dn, etc.? Thats an easy answer. If you only play these decks in large events then the majority of players are going to go in without any knowledge of how to play their deck. Thus you see these decks on DN. Players need to test the builds and practice the plays and discover new plays.

With me so far? Let's continue.

Mill Decks.
    This deck, while annoying, is legitimate; granted there's only one good way I know of building this deck, its a deck that takes advantage of an alternate win condition other than reducing your opponent to 0 life. I understand its annoying seeing a morphing jar bouncing up and down without end but there is a way to beat it. The answer is Hand traps. Effect veiler is one of the best. u see morphing jar pop up u drop veiler and negate its eff. they have a limited number of cards to drop it facedown. they wont be able to deck you out right away. slow them down dark hole that monster and kill it. end of story. another side deck card which is extremely common right now is droll and lock bird. you're gonna draw it. and when u do u shut down the jar for the turn. you also have torrential tribute. and solemn warning/judgment etc.

easy deck to beat. thats why its only topped once maybe twice in the last couple years ;D

Burn.
    Most common burn deck is chain burn. Stall burn recently caught me off guard due to a bad hand. And ill be the first to admit, I was mad. (U Mad Bro? YES) but yeah this deck is legitimate too. chain burn has topped countless times in the past couple years. its not flawless though. it is subject to bad hands just the same as other decks. and if u manage to interupt any of the cards it can be slow to pick back up its pace. a lot of the time its just draw power. you can mystical space typhoon any part that was just set to force them to lose a card. and in the middle of their chain u can activate solemn judgment, which we know is a counter trap meaning spell speed 3, they can now only chain counter traps to it (which none of their chainables are counter traps) effectively shutting down a chain strike. I beat this deck using inzektors by playing very uncharacteristically of inzektors. I noticed their traps were chainable including secret barrel, just deserts, ojama trio etc. Inzektors destroy everything, but when hornet goes after a face down trap and they chain it, ur wasting your time. So instead of destroying their cards, I destroyed my own and only searched when i saw it absolutely necessary. I kept 1 monster on the field to avoid lava golem and i continuosly used hornet to start popping useless spells/ traps and monsters. secret barrel burns for 200 x number of cards u control and in hand deserts is 500 times number of monsters, so by limiting my own monsters and reducing my card advantages I effectively was gaining advantage. I won due to his lack of ability to burn me for a lot.

Exodia.
    The deck that came into existence at the start of Yugioh. The deck most of the time is focused on drawing cards indefinitely in order to have the 5 pieces in your hand for an auto win. on occasion someone trys stall exodia, which is nice but there is no good way to stall through a 40 card deck, cuz the last piece is always the very last card >_>. So a lot of people criticize this deck because its very much a solitaire deck. I understand people have a problem sitting back and letting their opponent draw through their deck. But the majority of these decks are inconsistent and have a hard time winning. When You see this deck and once its your turn you go all out. The opponent has no dark hole, etc. you can fight with everything you got and win. and when it comes to the side, droll and lock bird comes back into play. If the opponent cant draw You win. And the Majority of the time, a well played Card destruction can net you some exodia pieces in the grave. most of the decks dont have recovery for the pieces and if the do all you need is monster reborn to steal the piece you shot out of their hand.

These decks are annoying but the main purpose i see in playing against these decks is to test your skill as a player. If you can beat these decks be proud, It's no easy task. But These decks are part of the game. Learn to play against them or not its your choice. But if you choose to rage quit anytime you see these decks you're gonna get nowhere fast and you might as well quit.

Good Luck And Enjoy your stay at the NutHouse ;D
    Duel Monsters Academy

Dueling Points : 5

Hated Decks Empty Re: Hated Decks

Post by Duel Monsters Academy Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:48 pm

Tier 1s and meta T.T
    Trajix
    Trajix

Scorpio Rat
    Dueling Points : 2

Post by Trajix Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:32 pm

DRAGON RULERS Sad I would like the shoot the man who thought of that deck.
    IWCMN-Hood-
    IWCMN-Hood-

Dueling Points : 79

Post by IWCMN-Hood- Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:18 pm

I like salty decks and use them.
    I don't see the point of this cause most people have the same answers .__.
    either meta or salty decks such as burn exodia and final countdown.
    NutHouseReject
    NutHouseReject
    Ruling Guru

Aries Horse

Post by NutHouseReject Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:34 am

I think that you guys have to wrong way of thinking towards them. embrace them as a challenge to overcome
    marmar7
    marmar7

Dueling Points : 0

Post by marmar7 Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:53 am

I'm a huge fan of dragon decks, but dragon rulers just leaves a bad taste in my mouth no matter if I'm playing with them or against them. For the fact they win world's just doesn't surprise me either.
    NutHouseReject
    NutHouseReject
    Ruling Guru

Aries Horse

Post by NutHouseReject Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:25 am

i can agree with the dragons, its very obviously a good deck but its too good, clearly shown in the finals of worlds when it undeniably dominated
    General Warmog
    General Warmog

Dueling Points : 5

Post by General Warmog Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:17 pm

If you haven't seen it I actually just made a post discussing my chain burn deck, and it is actually built for the next format, in which your arguement is invalid. Lol. With judgement and Heavy Storm out of the way, it has pretty much free reign, and the fact that it is all draw power is what makes it so strong. I wont go through explaining all this because you can just read yhe discussion, but never forget... this september... beware the flames...
    Panda Queen

Sagittarius Pig
    Dueling Points : 0

Post by Panda Queen Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:53 pm

I really dislike dark world.. I know they are easy to side against and everything.. but they are still annoying.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:20 pm